The Nike Air Max 1 reboots the legendary design that has reigned supreme since 1987. Crossing street fashion with sport, it takes the same lightweight cushioning and classic silhouette of the OG and boldly reworks it with salvaged materials, fresh colors and exposed stitching.
- The upper features salvaged material including recycled fabric, giving it a 1-of-a-kind speckled look.
- The exposed stitching and layered appearance gives it a DIY look.
- Originally designed for performance running, the Max Air unit provides heritage style.
- The padded, low-cut collar looks sleek and feels soft and comfortable.
- Foam sockliner is incredibly soft.
- Shown: White/Black/Electric Green/Game Royal
- Style: CT1643-100
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.