HUARACHE DNA LIVES ON.
The Nike Air Huarache Run DNA Ch. 1 reimagines not only the original Air Huarache design, but incorporates elements from another legendary icon, the Air Max 1. Featuring a stretchy inner sleeve, responsive cushioning and a structured heel cage, this release pays tribute to the origins of 2 of Nike's most ambitious designs.
- Neoprene inner sleeve hugs your foot for a secure sock-like fit.
- Synthetic and textile fabric upper adds lightweight durability.
- Signature structured heel cage promotes stability.
- Foam sole with Nike Air cushioning provides a plush underfoot feel.
- Rubber tread gives you durable traction.
- Unmistakable Air Max 1 colorway and iconic mudguard "wave" complete the masterful combination.
- Shown: White/Neutral Grey/Black/University Red
- Style: AR3864-100
The Nike Air Huarache released in 1991. Footwear designer Tinker Hatfield wanted to combine the fit of neoprene waterski boots with the functionality of South American sandals. The instant hit found its way to basketball courts and then the streets, where it earned its status as an icon.
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.